Sports Chalet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow scubajcf; now that's a reply, great job and anologies!

Oh and Granny didn't find $100; I found what looked like a new scuba mask and snorkel, I passed it to him during the dive cuz I had my camera, I never saw it again :wink: . He equated it to a $100 find to lure in unsuspecting dive buddies in the hopes of finding riches in the Lake; you know how he is! :D Oops maybe I let his secret out :11:

Garrett

No Secret There ... He is as sneaky as his instructor ... hey wait a minute :wink:

Thanks again guys....my test is tonight. First pool Dive is tomorrow!

How did it go?

scubajcf:
How did it go?

Went great. Clearing my mask was my hardest part but I did end up getting it and did it a few times to make sure I had it.

All is good, we are out at Lake Pleasant next weekend.

Would I do it at SPorts Chalet again? Probably not, the guy who was supposed to teach the clas and the guy we got to know and liked ended up not teaching it at all, his wife did and she is kinda a drag.

Sports Chalet contracts in their instructors, so it's a hit or miss as to the quality of the instructor (but hey, isn't that true anywhere?!)...I was lucky, as I went through Sports Chalet as well, and got a fantastic instructor. I liked her so much that I also went through my AOW with her and almost have my wreck cert as well (only need one more dive for that!)...she's also become one of my regular buddies, so, like I said, I lucked out...

Anyway....CONGRATS on your OW class so far!!

I lucked out too. My OW intructor was fantastic and and continues to be my instructor through my dm (doing that right now). We just came back from the lake today. It was nice and warm, though low vis. Saw some big ol' catfish and large mouth bass.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom