Spool, homemade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks great for a simple spool. :thumb:

Another source of braided line is boating supply stores such as West Marine. Sailors prefer the braided stuff as it is much easier on the hands. They should also have a variety of shackles and swivels to choose from to best suit your needs.

Hi

go to your local home depot and get on of the reels that carpenters use to roll up electrical extension cords. these holds hundreds and hundreds of feet of line. good luck mec

and made them from garden hose guides from Wall Mart.
These are the spikes with a roller on them to guide the hose as you drag it through the yard.

No pics right now but I could take a couple if anybody wants to see them.

Rick,

I tried to view your page, but it keeps telling me I need an msn password. Is this normal, I've tried a couple of different browsers but keep getting the same response.

Pipedope,

If you take a photo of your reel I'd be interested in seeing it.

Cheers,

J.

pipedope:
Here are the pics.

Dude? what did you use?
Those look very nice.

I used hose guides form WalMart. they have the nice spool on a large plastic spike for a buck or two.
I remove the spike.

The spool has one face larger than the other and this is the side I drill for attaching the snap.

For line I often use braided mason twine from Home Depot, comes in hot pink or floresent green or yellow.
Home Depot also has the stainless snap link, be sure to get the stainless one and not the nickel plated one. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom