Split neoprene mask strap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckWriter

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I've seen it, I know it exists, now I can't find one...

Who makes/sells a neoprene mask strap with a split design (like the back of a regular mask strap)? The standard ones slide down my head and get behind my ears. I know, I've got a weird shaped head, what can I say?

Tom

I've seen those split slap straps but I have no idea what they're called! I'll keep my eye peeled for ya, though.

Though I've only seen replacement straps or covers for silicon straps, I did find;

Ocean Master Q STRAP

Is that what you're looking for?

No, what I'm looking for is just like a regular "slap strap" except the back part is split (like a regular silicon mask strap) instead of a single wide pad.

Tom

Yea, neither one shows what I need. I think Innovative used to make them apparently no longer.

Tom

Originally posted by ericfine50
Have you checked Trident or Innovative Scuba?

Eric

Have you tried calling IS directly and see if they still carry them?

http://www.innovativescuba.com/

If Gary doesn't, he might be able to steer you in the correct direction...

Roak

I thought it was just me this happens to!

I'll keep my eyes open for the split straps to try. Thanks for mentioning this thread.

Mighty Diver, welcome to the oddly shaped head club :)

Roakey, no, haven't called direct yet, assumed if not in catalog, no go. Will try to contact.

Tom

Originally posted by MightyDiver
I thought it was just me this happens to!

I'll keep my eyes open for the split straps to try. Thanks for mentioning this thread.

Originally posted by WreckWriter
I've seen it, I know it exists, now I can't find one...
Tom
Tom... you own a pair of scissors?

btw... half the time my slap strap is floating around somewhere over my head (I keep it fairly loose) and the only thing holding my mask on is water pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom