Split fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Splitlip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thank you so much. Yup, been a while. Been back lurking for a few weeks at least. I've been chatting with some of the folks I met here on other social media as well as in real life.

Thank you so much. Yup, been a while. Been back lurking for a few weeks at least. I've been chatting with some of the folks I met here on other social media as well as in real life.

Chatting in real life, now there's a novelty...All good in your neck of the woods? It's funny I was actually thinking a week or so ago that hadn't seen you around for a while. Happy New Year.

---------- Post added January 31st, 2014 at 12:15 AM ----------

Cool vid by the way.

warning_20130423105912.jpg

RJP, Did I miss the boat?. Your post is blocked by windows "Your gonna Die". Sounds heavy, what's the up? Windows has detected a potentially unsafe gear selection. Do you want to rethink your scuba gear. YES.

Cool video. I thought the guy with the speargun was gonna lose a body part. That shark came out of nowhere.
Looks a little careless though. I mean maybe the sharks will now think scuba divers and spearos = free meal.

I'm opposed to shark feeding in any form, though I'm friends with one of the split fin divers.

I'm opposed to shark feeding in any form, though I'm friends with one of the split fin divers.

There is the implicit suggestion, that not only do you not want to have white skin showing in contrast to dark wetsuit coloration ( so that the sharks do not think you are injured and investigate with a test bite)....that they may see the "Split Fins", and assume the diver has just been injured and their tail fins bitten into the split now present--not to mention the erratic and poorly coordinated swimming which makes the split fin diver appear injured as well ....and that this deserves some test bites to investigate.....

And there you have it....Split fins CAN be HAZARDOUS to your well being....."Your gonna die", gains traction :)

Tim, thanks for this most excellent insight!!!! :) :D

"Hey ya'll, watch this..."

(Nice soundtrack, though.)

Back
Top Bottom