Split fins..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ls7188

Reaction score
Hi... I'm interested in buying split fins and I am having trouble deciding which ones to buy. I have been looking at the Atomic Aquatics Split Fins, Mares Raptors, and Tusa X-Pert Zoom fins. I have been looking up reviews and I am getting different ratings for all three... any suggestions??
Thanks

Different people like the different fins. There is no right answer. All I can advise you to do is borrow and try them from others.

Very much a personal choice. I have both Atomic and Apollo Bios, and enjoy both for different reasons.

Unfortunately, the only way to know for absolutely sure is to test drive them...

There are several threads here on Split Fins. Some are fun most are contentious. That being said my wife loves here Atomic Splits.

i have the tusa - too light to my taste; will go for mares quattro non split

i use tusa, love tusa xpert zooms. apollo are really nice too. not sure about mares. can't go wrong with TUSA. they come in several different colors also.

I bought my sister Tusa X-pert Zooms. She really likes them. I got the Mares Raptors. I do not like them for surface swimming. I hate the angle. They work well underwater for me. I should have saved my money for the Atomic Smokes or Apollos. I got them because I have been using Mares for 20 years, but now regret my purchase.

I use the Atomic split fins with the spring strap. I'm happy with mine and highly reccomend the spring strap for both comfort and convience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom