Splash Screen - longer time display?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
@Shearwater -

The splash screen on start up (Family has a Petrel1, Pedrix AI, and Peregrine) seem very short in displaying information (I use a owner's name and phone number). Can it be set to display longer (either by us, or in a future software update)? It doesn't seem to be displayed long enough to be useful....

Probably just need an option to pull it back up, instead of displayed longer.

I'd say displaying it longer - or requiring a button press to get past it to make it useful.

Especially if the purpose is to make it easier to identify who the device belongs to.

The device can continue to start-up in the background while displaying the splash screen.

useless for the purpose of identification.

As an example, we have names and phone numbers of ownership on them.....

a pause and button push or a longer duration would be beneficial.

Counterpoint: I don't want a longer delay: that's annoying for the >99% of the time I do not need to see the screen. A button push isn't the end of the world... but annoying. I have to sit there pushing the button until it accepts it.

I do agree that a setting to show the screen would be useful.

I too use it for contact information: in my case for ICE, so I really *do* want that information to be seen. But not enough to sacrifice the user experience for the 99% of the time I'm using it.

Shearwater can't win for trying. It's kind of a variation of a classic XKCD comic. Whichever way they go, people won't like it.

ETA: If I needed to read someone else's: I would video the turn-on process and simply pause the video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom