Spiegel grove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have never used a hood before? After the first dive, think about making a small hole, the size of a pea, where the top of your head would be when diving. (Melt it through with a hot screwdriver, etc.) This will allow any air that is trapped in the hood to exit, and you'll never notice any water flow through it. With some folks, some fits, sometimes the air exhausting out of their regulator manages to get under the edges of the hood around the face--and this ensures that doesn't happen.

Personally, I put two more tiny holes, one centered on each ear. Gives me much better hearing (as opposed to a 1/4" neoprene blanket) and again, I never notice any water flow or lack of protection from that.

Thin hood, less of an issue. No big deal either way.

Yes, my hood has had holes cut in it too.

Another question, regarding getting dialed in. Will you also be diving the bigger tank the day before to get your weighting right?

Last edited:
Ok ill put a hole in the top of hood thanks.....and im not sure about my weights and what size tank ill have i havent booked yet

Some of the Keys operators plan their dives a tad on the close side, in order to get two runs of two dives in a shorter day. Obviously it works for most folks, but I'd suggest checking the boats intended schedule (i.e. "Everybody out of the water in 45 minutes....surface interval will be...get back in the water!") versus the di e profile that YOU personally may prefer. If you want to use a safety factor, you may need to either cut your bottom time, or make sure their surface interval is long enough to match what you prefer.

Not unique to the Keys, not complaining about anyone, just something to doublecheck.

Why are you bringing a hood for Florida diving in the summer? You do realize how close we are to the sun, right?

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.p6dWV_glDEJAowIF1JoRiwHaHa%26pid%3D15.1&f=1.jpg

Hood is for shark dive so they dont see the reflection of my head and bite.....its a requirement on jupiter shark dive or they wont let you on the boat

It was when I dove with Emerald Charter end of April/early May 2017. I didn't wear a hood.

Richard.

This is true? I thought you folks were joking. The sharks don't recognize a person as a person if they're bald? Amazing, sincerely.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom