Spiegel/Duane water temps...at depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

large_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for help on water temps on the Spiegel Grove and Duane wrecks. We are headed down there in 2 weeks.

Current condition reports I've seen put water temps in the mid 70sF. What are temps like at 80-100 feet -- same thing?

Thanks.

Chris

large_diver:
Current condition reports I've seen put water temps in the mid 70sF. What are temps like at 80-100 feet -- same thing?

This AM the temp was 77 and the vis was 70 to 80 feet, no current.

Alex

Good morning what were the sea conditions like out there, from my back yard the coconut trees were bending?

deeper thoughts:
Good morning what were the sea conditions like out there, from my back yard the coconut trees were bending?
About 1 1/2 to 2.

Alex

sounds good

large_diver:
Looking for help on water temps on the Spiegel Grove and Duane wrecks. We are headed down there in 2 weeks.

Thanks.

Chris

Water temps in Florida and the Bahamas are usually close to the same at the surface and at depth (within recreational limits).

There is a site I use Here

I dove the Eagle on 3/7 and the temp at the surface was 77, at 100' it was 68, it was a noticable difference at about 70'. The temps on the Duane and Grove was the same at the surface and at depth that week.

Not sure why the Eagle was different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom