Spider-Man 3 = Horrible

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lifeisfullofgooddives

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am usually not one to complain about movies....but I am so disappointed that I had to say something...

First off I loved the first 2 spiderman movies. I have read most of the comics, and am not one of those people who get up-set if the movie isn't 100% like the comic.

Having said that this movie was bad....not hulk bad...but not to far off from it. First off, they had way to much MJ/Peter parker scenes in this movie. I mean it was crazy how many interactions they had. (2) they attgempted to include Gwen stacy in the movie....and screwed up horribly doin that, I mean really there was no point for her to be in this movie. (3)the made up some stupid, stupid story about how sandman was the one who actually killed peters uncle....they did not sell this by the way!

Oh then there are the villans....Sandman looked cool! I think he was well done and his character development was short and to the point. However they made him look like a total sissy when at the end we see him crying to spiderman....horrible

Then there is Venom...spidermans worst enemy and one of the most powerful in Marvel....oh and by the way he is in the movie for like 20 minutes, and he dies from a small explosion....He looked pretty cool, his only limiting factor was the actor who played him...topher grace, who btw should stick to comedy.

And then there is the green goblin who is on a snowboard? and who eventually helps spiderman out by the end of the movie because get this...his butler convinced him to....

Look are the speacial effects good...Yes and if thats all you care about then you will enjoy the movie. But if you in any way like comics or a good story....stay away! rent it on video

soo disappointed I am!

Maybe...just maybe...it had something to do with expectations?

I wish it was that....honestly I do!

Let me put it another way....I have never been to a spider man movie where no one clapped at the end....not so in this case

There was not a single clap...not one. Everyone was just sitting with their mouths wide open asking what the hell happened?

When we walked out into the lobby after the movie, everyone from all the other showings were talking about how crappy it was. IT looked like a funeral procession...

I never really go into movies with high hopes...I did have expectations this movie would be good due to the previous 2 movies, but this one just really let me down.

Not that I really care what the critics say, but almost all of them have panned it. Too bad. SM2 was awesome.

OK, I can see someone watching SM1. Going to see SM2 is somewhat dubious, but... why would anyone bother with SM3, SM4, ...?

Can't anyone in Hollywierd come up with good solid NEW stories to put on screen instead of rehashing the same old nonsense through sequels, prequels, etc.

drbill:
OK, I can see someone watching SM1. Going to see SM2 is somewhat dubious, but... why would anyone bother with SM3, SM4, ...?

Can't anyone in Hollywierd come up with good solid NEW stories to put on screen instead of rehashing the same old nonsense through sequels, prequels, etc.

I agree with movies like Pirates of the Caribbean. But movies like Spiderman, X-Men, Batman can have multiple movies, and if done right can be very successful. They screwed up X-Men 3 and the REALLY screwed up Spiderman 3. I am a huge comic geek and I was at the 12am showing this morning to see SM3. I was 100% disappointed. With how powerful Venom is and how he is a main character *** killing him off after 20 minutes? GAY! And what about carnage? I am totally disappointed and upset that they messed this one up. IT was also too much of a love story.

lifeisfullofgooddives:
First off, they had way to much MJ/Peter parker scenes in this movie. I mean it was crazy how many interactions they had.
Well, personally, I don't mind having to look at Kirsten Dunst. :gorgeous:

But maybe that's just me... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom