spg protector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rab1412000

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi everyone,

i want to put a small film of plastic over my spg to protect it from scratches. so i bought one of those cellphone screen protectors and cut it to the size of my spg. it would not however stick ( not yet wet even).
would you guys be able to recommend any adhesive to use with this platic film and the spg?

also, my spg keeps on slipping down my spg/octo clip. i asked my lds if they had a clamp or clip that would keep it in place and they said they didnt have any.
any suggestions for making a clamp that would keep my spg in place?

thhanks in advance

Go to one of your local office supply mega stores and buy some sticky acetate.

You'll have to buy more than you'll ever need, but at least you'll have an ongoing supply.

the K

Go to one of your local office supply mega stores and buy some sticky acetate.

You'll have to buy more than you'll ever need, but at least you'll have an ongoing supply.

the K

isnt that too thick and will it stick underwater?

Nope, and yep.

the K

also, my spg keeps on slipping down my spg/octo clip. i asked my lds if they had a clamp or clip that would keep it in place and they said they didnt have any.
any suggestions for making a clamp that would keep my spg in place?

How about an spg boot with an attachment loop? If it doesn't have an attachment loop, just punch a clean hole to thread a loop of light braided nylon line.

OR

How about a brass clip held by a nylon zip tie to the hose?

OR

Duct tape? :)

Dave C

just curious; if it is the SPG not the depth gauge, usually it's made of glass; i.e. not likely to scratch - only may break. why do you want the protector for?!

just curious; if it is the SPG not the depth gauge, usually it's made of glass; i.e. not likely to scratch - only may break. why do you want the protector for?!

its an spg and it is made of plastic.

How about an spg boot with an attachment loop? If it doesn't have an attachment loop, just punch a clean hole to thread a loop of light braided nylon line.

OR

How about a brass clip held by a nylon zip tie to the hose?

OR

Duct tape? :)

Dave C

brass clip with black cable tie. works like a charm a better looking than those plastic things

I have had good luck with ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield Never for a underwater application though, a email to their support might be in order. They last longer than the devices I have used them on: cell phone, mp3 player, ham radios and the like. They do custom size shields which is what you would want to look into, they have worked great with odd shaped radio lcd screens.

I have had good luck with ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield Never for a underwater application though, a email to their support might be in order. They last longer than the devices I have used them on: cell phone, mp3 player, ham radios and the like. They do custom size shields which is what you would want to look into, they have worked great with odd shaped radio lcd screens.

i tried a cellphone screen protector but the damn thing wouldnt stick.
ill be trying those adhesive acetates

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom