SPG hose bubbling near HP port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not quite. There were some reports of issues with some Miflex hoses all from one location (?) the cause of which has not yet been precisely identified. There was another thread of an issue reported with a 4 year old generic braided hose. I initially chicken littled but have since decided to swap out older than 5 year braided hoses and stop using Miflex completely. I've cut open some braided hoses one of which was an at least 7 year old Miflex and all looked fine internally. The catastrophic failure of the Miflex gave me pause and until a definitive cause, which is probably unlikely given the number of variables, is found for the failures I'm not going to use them. The moment someone reports the same failure with a generic braided I'll stop using them also. I'm am checking all my hoses a little more thoroughly, more regularly though.

I saw the thread regarding braided hoses while shopping around for HP hoses and as a result decided against buying a braided hose since I couldn't make any sense of that thread. I'm all rubber right now. So to clarify, are braided hoses okay? Is it only Miflex that is problematic? Or is it generic hoses that are problematic?! I heard something about Innovative Phantom failing. I'm utterly confused. I also don't have a clear understanding of how braided hoses work compared to rubber so I'm old school until the human guinea pigs finish quality testing them.

Any suggestion on good rubber hp hose btw? I think i will switch to rubber too until the case cleared...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom