SPG Gauge Protector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing, I toss everything into a padded reg bag and call it good. As said, one could use a beer kookie (coozy).

I am with Sacred Silly here. I travel a fair bit in SE Asia, using a variety of airlines. I toss everything into a padded reg bag. I might put my thin gloves between the SPG and regs, or I might just forget to add extra padding. After years of traveling, I have not experienced any problems. A more important question, what is a beer Kookie? ;-)

Amazon.com : Altura Photo Medium Neoprene Pouch Bag for DSLR Camera Lens (Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic) : Camera & Photo - $8.99
Amazon.com : Bluecell Black Meduim DSLR camera Drawstring Soft Neoprene Lens Pouch Bag Cover for Sony Canon Nikon Pentax Olympus Panasonic : Camera Lens Cases : Camera & Photo - $5.44

Capture.JPG

I like the Suunto ^ bag better but I already own one like these.

For clarity's sake, this is the type of pressure gauge that I use for my diving:
81paC7cioJL._SY355_.jpg

It appears that most of the suggestions are more suited to a console style pressure gauge, which I wouldn't worry too much about protecting. However, we use gauges like the ones pictured above a lot in my line of work (oilfield), and I've seen more than my fair share of pressure gauges that have been broken. I'd rather not risk damaging a life support system when I have seen failures of these types of gauges in the past from misuse. I use atomic regulators, which have pretty hefty/solid first stages, which could cause some decent damage to one of these gauges.

It's not life support it's just a gauge, no offense intended, but it's failure will not result in death unless you ignore the fact that it's no longer functioning and continue on merrily diving in which case the gauge is still not to blame but rather very poor judgment.

All,

What do you use to protect your SPG's when traveling? I have a HOG pressure gauge, and I have searched the internet high and low trying to find a protect cover for it, to protect it when I'm traveling. Unfortunately I did not come up with much, hence my post. I recently bought an Akona Pro bag for my regulators, and planning on keeping the gauge in there, as long as I can keep it adequately protected. Something that is padded and just slides over the gauge would be ideal.

Surely there must be some people here who use some sort of a protective/padded case to protect their gauges?

Appreciated the help!

I don't worry about my gauge but maybe you could just get some bubble wrap and tie each end with some elastic bands/bungie?

All,

What do you use to protect your SPG's when traveling? I have a HOG pressure gauge, and I have searched the internet high and low trying to find a protect cover for it, to protect it when I'm traveling. Unfortunately I did not come up with much, hence my post. I recently bought an Akona Pro bag for my regulators, and planning on keeping the gauge in there, as long as I can keep it adequately protected. Something that is padded and just slides over the gauge would be ideal.

Surely there must be some people here who use some sort of a protective/padded case to protect their gauges?

Appreciated the help!

I just chuck it in my bag and away I go

or just pack your reg bag so it can't flop around... The 2" brass and glass SPG's are pretty stout. They can take quite a beating. Pack in a sock to protect from scratches and don't throw it around and you'll be fine.

For record most all of these types of SPG's are made by Termo in Italy.
termo industria srl - dive confidently with termo industria gauges

Akona makes a small bag that probably matches your new regulator bag. I like that there is no closure so it is easy to slip the gauge in.

IMG_5164.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom