SPG Gauge Protector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
All,

What do you use to protect your SPG's when traveling? I have a HOG pressure gauge, and I have searched the internet high and low trying to find a protect cover for it, to protect it when I'm traveling. Unfortunately I did not come up with much, hence my post. I recently bought an Akona Pro bag for my regulators, and planning on keeping the gauge in there, as long as I can keep it adequately protected. Something that is padded and just slides over the gauge would be ideal.

Surely there must be some people here who use some sort of a protective/padded case to protect their gauges?

Appreciated the help!

A couple old socks work well. And they're cheap. If you don't wash em they'll act as a theft deterrent as well!

Easy and cheap, that works for me! Thanks for the prompt response Jim!

I do a fair amount of travel diving and it's never occurred to me to protect gauge. They are pretty robust assuming brass and glass, certainly more robust than regs.

Thinking about it, I'd be more worried about the SPG doing damage to the regs, that being so I could see the reason for padding the SPG. My SPG is pretty heavy, my regs are plastic. Am I missing something? I don't see why an SPG might need protection over a second stage? Genuine question. Cheers.

can get scratched by the bolt snaps. That said, if you have plastic gauges there is a crush concern, but it's mainly getting scratched

Nothing, I toss everything into a padded reg bag and call it good. As said, one could use a beer kookie (coozy).

Back
Top Bottom