SPG For Stage Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a very small SPG on my Argon bottle. If you are looking for small they are about the size of the pressure relief on the same first stage. they read in 500 psi increments I bought them for about $50.00 canadian wich means we would have to pay you to take them in the US

But for stage bottles and my deteriating eye sight I use the OMS SPG's they have a nice atachment point on the holder and with a 6 inch whip work quite well.

According to the 2002 ScubaPro catalog the 'small' SPG is called a 'mini vip pressure gauge'.

These are really nice and light weight, and sit behind the first stage really nicely (and 'tucked away').

They are Pricey though ($111 is the MSRP).

I use the gauges on my 50/50 and 02 stage bottles for Ocean diving, and I use the plastic genesis 'big' (normal sized) SPG on my AL80 stage bottle/Cave 02 bottle.

Hope that helps some.

--Patrick

when I got my cute little tiny Scuba Pro SPG, the first thing I did was rip that pansy looking rubber boot off it, revealing the following number on the back:
EN250
I guess it's the serial #
:confused:

Originally posted by jetblast00
when I got my cute little tiny Scuba Pro SPG, the first thing I did was rip that pansy looking rubber boot off it, revealing the following number on the back:
EN250
I guess it's the serial #
:confused:

It is a european standard EN250:D

NINJA

Originally posted by ninja
It is a european standard EN250:D

NINJA

Rats! I knew the CE0098 on the back, but not that one...

oh well, at least the most important part of my last post is ok... take the silly boot off of it!:D

Hi Andy,
I believe the thinking behind taking off the boot from the spg is to prevent salt, sand etc. from building up between the boot and the gauge. I uh, fudge and use the boot then slide it off when I put all my gear in a tub of warm water for a nice soak after the dive. I make sure the wife has taken her bath first before I do this however-;0)
Pete

ps- to all who replied to my question on the spg to use for a stage bottle-THANKS!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom