SPG For Stage Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vnp514

Reaction score
Looking for a small but easy to read spg for my stage bottle. I heard Scuba Pro had a good small one but I don't know the model number. Any help/other opinons would be appreciated!
Pete

Just happen to have the OMS catologue in front of me - how about the GS240-SM? Looks OK but no good for me as it in old fashioned stuff - PSI........ It's bigger brother the GS240 which has BAR and PSI

I pretty much think an SPG is an SPG to be honest........

Jonathan

I've got a couple of the small ones and I think Scubapro calls them the "Minivip". One of mine has the depth guage with the SPG, and the other doesn't. Of course, you may remove the boot and depth guage. It's very small. If you need the part #, I can find it in a few days when I go to the shop.

Dave

I like the small brass ones OMS or Oceanreef makes. You can also go for the plastice guages from oceanic.

Eric

On my deco bottles i'm running dacor brass supreme! They are small and do the job only 100 dollars canadian! I think that is almost free in US dollars.

Good luck

NINJA:ninja:

For a stage bottle you want plastic.

Go with one of the Genesis plastic.

I picked mine up for about 43.00 each us.

Works GREAT!

Hi OKDIR,

Why is plastic better for stage bottles?

I would have though brass would be tougher and better able to withstand the bumps and bangs.

The plastic are just about bomb proof.

When swimming or scootering the brass heavy SPG tend to make the front of the tank hang down more.

To prevent drag, the bottle needs to be held close in the front and relatively loose in the back. (DIR Funds book).

I think scubapro has a small brass that seems to work good. I have only heard that, I have never used one of them.

Most of the diving I do is scootering though.

Joe

OK,

That makes sense. It's more a matter of weight distribution then.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom