Speeding ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2:

The first one, is that a SAAB? The second looks like a Tornado.

The picture reminds me of something that happened to me about 25 years ago. At the time I was a rookie police officer and I had a Kustom KR-11 radar set up in my car. I was working stationary radar on a 4 lane highway. I had an alarm set to alert me for anyone traveling over 75 mph and had my attention turned to finishing reports. All of a sudden the alarm went off and a doppler tone went off. This tone shows you have an actual target and the faster the target, the higher pitch sound. Well I had never heard a tone as high pitched as this one. You almost had to be a dog to hear this one.
Adrenalin kicked in and I got a heck of a rush as the target speed was showing 145 mph! I glanced down the highway to locate the speeder but could only see a faraway, slow moving tractor trailer. All of a sudden a small cropduster airplane rose above the tree line at a field next to me. I laugh about it now, but at the time it startled the hell out of me. Even my old Plymouth 440 could not outrun that guy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom