Spectre out of Ventura

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you to everyone that has posted up a response! Great info, I really appreciate it. I book a trip for Friday the 24 on the Spectre and hope the weather cooperates.

My go to boats in that area-Truth Aquatics out of Santa Barbara.

Truth Aquatics is awesome! - but not an option for a 1 day boat dive on your date.

I checked Truth aquatics first. The very first time I was ever on the ocean was on the Vision. It is an awesome boat!

I have to echo Richards concerns for you as a newer diver. Have you dove the Channel Islands before?

I lived in Ventura for 17 years. When I was a teenager and in my early 20's I worked sportfishing boats. I spent most of the 90's fishing and diving the Channel Islands with about 75 dives out at the channel islands. Until last year I hadn't been diving since around 1995, so I'm starting over. I recently went through the PADI OW class, pool, and open water dives. I decided to restart from the beginning because it had been 20 years since I had been in the water. That being said I am comfortable and confident in the water just not into the thought of solo diving. At least for now.

my trip report includes photos and a description of what my boat trip was like.

Looks like you had an awesome trip! Thanks for the share!

The spectre is a fantastic boat. The will be able to pair you with a dive buddy no problem. They try very hard to get you the best dive conditions available. They give very detailed briefings of the sites and instruct you how to best dive each site. The lunch on the boat is excellent. If you want something other than water to drink throughout the day bring it. Snacks and breakfast are also included. Entry methods are simple, either giant stride in or climb down the ladder. Here is a video from October 2016 off the spectre.

Can't really recommend the boat, dive buddy roulette on board a boat usually works out. Channel Islands offer great diving.

That was all around Anacapa. The surge was minimal in the morning but the shallower we go the stronger it was. The last dive with the sea lions was really shallow, 15-25 fsw. The kelp can get you lost sometimes if the viz is low, just make sure you pay attention to your surroundings.

Back
Top Bottom