special tapped parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeS

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a source for the special tapped parts used to secure the storage pack and ACBs to a backplate( the part that the machine screw screws into)? One of the ones that secure the ACB to my back plate keeps coming off. The last time it got lost in the ocean. Several ty-wraps did a good field repair but I’d like to replace it. Has anyone tried removable thread lock such as Loctite 222?

Mike

Halcyon has replaced the plastic nuts with SS ones on the new plate packs... so I suspect that a phone call to 1-800-halcyon would get you some in the mail... probably no charge... that has been my experience.

That said... I am a fan of zip-ties (though not for holding the ACBs in place)... (for those of you who recently took the DIRf from Andrew... did you happen to notice what was holding the plate pack on his backplate? :D)

So... what you could do is rob a barrel nut off of your plate pack for the ACB and use zip-ties on the plate pack.

Personally, I shipped my ACBs to the highest bidder... so did Shane.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
so I suspect that a phone call to 1-800-halcyon would get you some in the mail... probably no charge... that has been my experience.

I took Uncle Pug's sage advice and sent Halcyon an email. I just got not only the part I needed but several spares in the mail at no cost; great customer service!

In the meantime, if anyone is interested, I think I've located the parts at McMaster Carr http://www.mcmaster.com/. They're called "Weld Nuts." I know the thread is 1/4-20 but I need to get motivated enough to go out to the garage and get the calipers to measure the barrel height.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom