Spearfishing with a rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still idiotic as a management tool,the amount of divers even interested in spearing on RBs is low not to mention the prohibitive costs and dangers involved.

As I have stated before a #4 brain will trump a fishes instincts 90% of the time.

I have dove deep on mix next to RB guys,they had a little more task loading that would make it a bit more difficult than OC.But none of that is really the point,it's one group trying to impose it's version of morality and ethics on another.Pray I never get the chance to impose mine as freely as some of ya'll want to.

---------- Post added July 1st, 2013 at 11:16 PM ----------

Still idiotic as a management tool,the amount of divers even interested in spearing on RBs is low not to mention the prohibitive costs and dangers involved.

As I have stated before a #4 brain will trump a fishes instincts 90% of the time.

I have dove deep on mix next to RB guys,they had a little more task loading that would make it a bit more difficult than OC.But none of that is really the point,it's one group trying to impose it's version of morality and ethics on another.Pray I never get the chance to impose mine as freely as some of ya'll want to.

The task loading on deep dives (200'+) is WAY WAY WAY less on CCR than it is on OC. Believe me. I've only started diving deep on CCR recently in the last year or so, but have been diving deep on OC for almost two decades. I had my skills mastered on OC for more than a decade, and even after only 6 months, it's much more easier on CCR than OC.

I'll risk it.

Besides, there's a lot more to shoot than just grouper and snapper.

I'll risk it.

Besides, there's a lot more to shoot than just grouper and snapper.

I have better luck winning arguments with my wife... You gonna dive over 200 feet to shoot an amberjack and then brag about breaking a federal law.. Good luck... can I come along and watch?

---------- Post added July 1st, 2013 at 11:16 PM ----------

The task loading on deep dives (200'+) is WAY WAY WAY less on CCR than it is on OC. Believe me. I've only started diving deep on CCR recently in the last year or so, but have been diving deep on OC for almost two decades. I had my skills mastered on OC for more than a decade, and even after only 6 months, it's much more easier on CCR than OC.

interesting. I would have never thought anyone would say task loading at any depth is lower on a RB. Something to think about. Thank You.

Great synopsis of the issue - Refreshing to see someone who is not entrenched in one side or the other (scuba vs freedive). Appreciate your post!!

Back
Top Bottom