Spearfishing techniques

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They have thick skulls, so usually through the eye or gills if you have your aim down. Otherwise a body shot at the expense of some meat.

They taste great!

Anyone know the South Carolina regulations on freshwater spearfishing? I always thought that wasn't an option but I have since heard you can spearfish in freshwater. Looked on the DNR site but its not really as clear as it should be.

Same as saltwater. Just stick to your limits. What in the world would you want to spear in freshwater besides big cats?

My dad says he knows a place near the mountains that has very large bass. He used to spearfish for years but hasn't gone in a while. He wants to start going again. I like to fish and dive so why not do both at the same time to pass some time. :)

LOL...I don't know. I wouldnt mind going after some of those big cats down near the santee dam. I would prefer saltwater spearfishing but when those trips are few and far between you take what you can get.

DNR is totally contradicting their rule book about the freshwater spearfishing. According to them there are almost zero freshwater locations that you can spearfish from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom