Spearfishing in Tampa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cshiver65

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi I'm a relatively new diver and live in the tampa Bay Area. I've recently took up spearfishing and have loved it ever since. I was wondering if anybody knew of any spot or methods I could try to spear some fish around Tampa bay. I will be free diving and I don't have access to a boat but I do have a kayak so I'd need spots that can be acceded by shore or kayak. I don't need specific spots because I don't want to invade anybody's honey holes(not unless you feel like giving them out) just some places I could try or some methods I could use to maybe get some fish this season. Anything will help.
Thanks

You might try Emerson Point (google it) at the mouth of the Manatee River. It provides easy access to a couple of reef balls that hold mangrove snapper, gags & such.

You know how spearfishers are... Don't wanna give up their numbers lol.

I spear all the time with a friend and will ask them of a place you can get to by kayak.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom