Spear gun and pole spear as a self defense weapon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't see the 4 YO story. Don't know where it came from. Seems like it might have happened but also seems like there must be more to the story.

The more to the story is it happens with very careful supervision. The kids also snorkel in the ocean, but not without someone right with them. I guess technically they are not snorkeling, just looking at fish with a mask, but the snorkel follows soon. The shooting happens with a tiny .22 (still way oversized) on a rest and loaded by the father who is standing close enough to stop and gun movement that shouldn't happen.

I enjoy showing my guns to people from gun fearing nations. They are always fascinated. I am always extra careful checking the chambers because no matter what I say to them they always immediately point the gun at someone, usually with their finger on the trigger. You see they never had parents that taught them how!

If a burglar breaks in to my house, he is not a person, he is an animal, a dangerous animal, and he ONLY has one RIGHT....He/it, has the RIGHT to be shot and killed.
(Emphasis mine) Have I heard that kind of rhetoric before? Yes, I think so.

Guns aren't scary in themselves, but that rhetoric is, IMNSHO. I'll refrain from further comments, so as not to completely Godwinize the thread.

(Emphasis mine) Have I heard that kind of rhetoric before? Yes, I think so.

Guns aren't scary in themselves, but that rhetoric is, IMNSHO. I'll refrain from further comments, so as not to completely Godwinize the thread.

So as the alternative...your house becomes the site of a home invasion/burglary......You hear noises....and a minute later, 4 armed men break in, and force you and your family to lie on the floor as they go through all your valuables.......they take turns raping your wife, while you lie prostrate on the floor, begging them to remember they are really human and that this is wrong....And just before they slaughter every member of your family to prevent future identification of them..... "would the thought cross your mind that "maybe" you should have had a gun"?

This type of home invasion burglary DOES happen. The liberal mentality can not accept the real world, and instead manufactures AN ALTERNATE REALITY where humanistic values reign supreme, where Wars are not fought.......and where your Rights are assumed, rather than being something that evil men and corporations LIVE to take from you.

You have seen the bully in the playground at the level of a small child or highschool--there is an ugliness to the nature of "some people". It occurs naturally, in all populations, it always has, it always will.

You can lie down and let the playground bully beat you or rob you...or you can fight back. I think one of the problems we have with liberals today, is that there were not enough bullies for them to run into, in their own childhoods, so they never got the life lessons they needed...Otherwise, they would have had their noses bloodied enough times to abandon their manufactured, liberal ideologies.

lol this guy is a sociopath
Obviously, you have never met or been confronted by a sociopath !

I am thinking that phlegm ...with 22 posts showing, is here just to cause arguments ....This is a fake persona, from a person without the convictions that using his own name would involve...a Troll.

nah dude I'm legit

came here to ask a few scuba questions from what seemed like a good source of info

saw a hilariously titled thread about a bloke wanting to use spear guns against people and came in for a chuckle expecting to see everyone rejecting the notion, and to my horror saw a that people were running with the idea and getting really creepily into their weird murder scenarios

I think one of the problems we have with liberals today, is that there were not enough bullies for them to run into, in their own childhoods, so they never got the life lessons they needed... otherwise, they would have had their noses bloodied enough times to abandon their manufactured, liberal ideologies.

Dan, you may want to dial this back a notch... many of us have grown up in countries that have either suffered atrocities incomparable to anything that ever happened on the U.S. soil, or where violence on the streets even in modern times has been much more common, and where despite all that, people are generally much more friendly to strangers. A story about a bully punching you in the nose on the playground does not impress anyone, and I sincerely hope that this is not the true reason why you are carrying a gun...

Dan, you may want to dial this back a notch... many of us have grown up in countries that have either suffered atrocities incomparable to anything that ever happened on the U.S. soil, or where violence on the streets even in modern times has been much more common, and where despite all that, people are generally much more friendly to strangers. A story about a bully punching you in the nose on the playground does not impress anyone, and I sincerely hope that this is not the true reason why you are carrying a gun...

First, I don't have the need for carrying--but I do believe everyone should have a gun in their home...safely locked away in a biometric or near equivalent gun safe....

The discussion required some images to be created to make a point...thus as usual, I tend toward exaggeration in making these points sometimes....those that have been on SB and rec.scuba for some years with me, are well aware of this :)

And I do think this idea --that Liberals were not beat up enough as children, has merit. :)

And I do think this idea --that Liberals were not beat up enough as children, has merit. :)

Well, I suppose that very much depends on the definition of "enough", we would need to first agree on the purpose of beating, and on how we would measure success... for example, if the objective is to instill more radical political views, or a greater propensity to violence later in life, I think it has been proven to be quite effective :)

Back
Top Bottom