Spear Fishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interested in taking anyone else? Got $$$ to help with fuel. Without a boat shore diving gets old fast.

Rachael,

I will take you spearfishing. I dive shallow. have only been with MissD once. I have a 32" and/or a 36" Biller you can borrow. I can make bands to whatever you can pull back. I have found some great numbers since diving with MissD. Here are pics from 2 dives last Sunday.

Spearfishing keeps the freezer full and make stock from the heads and remainder of the fillets for stock to feed the dogs.

I'd love to take up on your offer.When would you like to go?

Free omegas and you do not waste any of the fish. There is plenty of meat left over after filleting or just shot a sheephead for them to add more meat. We keep a freezer full, frozen in left over chineese soup containers, but also have 4 big dogs.

Rachael,

I will take you spearfishing. I dive shallow. have only been with MissD once. I have a 32" and/or a 36" Biller you can borrow. I can make bands to whatever you can pull back. I have found some great numbers since diving with MissD. Here are pics from 2 dives last Sunday.

Spearfishing keeps the freezer full and make stock from the heads and remainder of the fillets for stock to feed the dogs.

That's a lot of fish!!!!!!!!!!!

Free omegas and you do not waste any of the fish. There is plenty of meat left over after filleting or just shot a sheephead for them to add more meat. We keep a freezer full, frozen in left over chineese soup containers, but also have 4 big dogs.

Hey don't go picking on SheepsHead. I actually like that fish. Nice flakey white meat. I know, I am strange.

You are not that strange Miss D. MY wife likes them too. I don't let her even lick my fingers when I am eating my hogs.... It is about the only thing I shoot that I eat. She gets everything else.

I started off spearfishing when I had about 25 dives under my belt. I bought a pole spear and would spear flounders on shallow wrecks or jettys. Make sure you know the laws of the area so you don't get in trouble. I spearfished all the time before I moved to NJ and I miss the deepwater rigs off the gulf coast that I used to frequent about 2 times a month. Good luck with spearfishing.

I started off spearfishing when I had about 25 dives under my belt. I bought a pole spear and would spear flounders on shallow wrecks or jettys. Make sure you know the laws of the area so you don't get in trouble. I spearfished all the time before I moved to NJ and I miss the deepwater rigs off the gulf coast that I used to frequent about 2 times a month. Good luck with spearfishing.

Thanks for your words of encouragement. As of today I have 16 dives. I will wait longer to try spear fishing. I have to master a few things first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom