Spear Fishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stinggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok, I want to learn to spear fish. Where do I start, what equpiment I should get and what to stay away from???? Im all ears.:ar15::ar15::ar15: If anyone has good working equipment that they would like to sell me send me a pm w/pictures and prices. Thanks

Rachael, you should really get a little more dives under your belt before trying spear fishing. The extra gear takes a lot of focus to work it safely.

You should also get in touch with Scubaboard's best Lady Fish Killler MissD...she's a natural hunter...:ar15:

-J.-

Brandon Scubaquest is offering a hunting/collecting course soon, but I agree with Salmon. Get some more experience first

Rachael, you should really get a little more dives under your belt before trying spear fishing. The extra gear takes a lot of focus to work it safely.

I agree with you. I was hoping maybe next summer. I didn't think that I would be interested in spear fishing but Tracy made it look like so much fun. It's her fault.:joke:

Brandon Scubaquest is offering a hunting/collecting course soon, but I agree with Salmon. Get some more experience first

I will do that. Thanks.

Rachael,

I will take you spearfishing. I dive shallow. have only been with MissD once. I have a 32" and/or a 36" Biller you can borrow. I can make bands to whatever you can pull back. I have found some great numbers since diving with MissD. Here are pics from 2 dives last Sunday.

Spearfishing keeps the freezer full and make stock from the heads and remainder of the fillets for stock to feed the dogs.

Attachments

• 100_0210.jpg
    100_0210.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_0212.jpg
    100_0212.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 100_0214.jpg
    100_0214.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 94
I have to make food for my dog since he has allergies to chicken, wheat, and gluten... Never thought of making a fish stock. Great idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom