Spare Air: some thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No reason?

I can think of a few reasons a diver will run out of air

- S/He misjudges the current or the current changes mid dive
- Entanglement
- Gets Narced and takes an hour to photograph a Sea Anemone
- Hiding from Great White Shark
- Another diver has an emergency and assisting that diver takes extra time
- Severe cramps or other medical situation arises
- The boat sinks and they have to swim back to shore and they didn't bring snorkels and the surf is up and swimming on their backs is problematic

These are just off the top of my head

You should stop and think before sending messages "off the top of your head". Sorry, but these scenarios are situations in which a Spare Air with it's 3 cu ft of air will reliably be of assistance, I think not. A couple of breaths might be useful in a CESA but does not excuse poor planning in most usual dive situations. This is incredibly contrived. Keep your Spare Air and fin pivots. If I'm terribly wrong here, other boarders will certainly let me know

Good diving, Craig

You should stop and think before sending messages "off the top of your head". Sorry, but these scenarios are situations in which a Spare Air with it's 3 cu ft of air will reliably be of assistance, I think not.

I was giving examples of situations where a diver might run out of gas, to point out where your post was in error when you said there was only one reason a diver could run out of gas.

See, look at my post again Craig

No reason?

I can think of a few reasons a diver will run out of air

I was not making any statements about the usefulness of a Spare Air in any of those situations.

"Good Diving", Steve

I don't know, I wouldn't mind it if you ran out of air on this thread. Hot air, that is.

2eolcnr.gif
:wacko: <---- mattboy

I wish this whole thread would run out of air

What? Want to test your Spare Air?

xabubs.gif
bubbles4.gif
xabubs.gif
bubbles4.gif
xabubs.gif
bubbles4.gif
xabubs.gif

Last edited by a moderator: