Spare air for James Bond

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man/woman/gun threesome?

To each their own and de gustibus etc., but personally, I'd prefer other options. Like I said, my wife is a lot - in fact, nearly infinitely - more cuddly than my guns are.

And while I definitely appreciate sleeping with my wife, I don't feel any strong compulsion towards sleeping with one - or even more than one - of my guns. My guns belong in my locked gun safe, my wife belongs in our shared bed.

My wife sleeps with me in our bed, and we each have a pistol on our respective night stands, I have a couple rifles above my night stand on the wall, the rest are in a cabinet near by. So, I vote for get both. ;P

hmmm.... tough choices.... Texan that sleeps with guns or English that sleeps with women.....

Not to be overly pedantic but if referring to the actors and not the character, Sean Connery is Scottish and Pierce Brosnan is Irish :D

Not to be overly pedantic but if referring to the actors and not the character, Sean Connery is Scottish and Pierce Brosnan is Irish :D
It is not the least bit pedantic if you are Scottish or Irish.

hmmm.... tough choices.... Sleeping with guns or sleeping with women.....
I'm told filing off the front sight is highly recommended for the former.

I've heard that axle grease also helps a bit.

This young cowboy in the Old West wanted to be the best gunfighter alive. One night as he was sitting in a saloon, he spotted an old man who had the reputation of being the greatest gunfighter in his day. The young cowboy walked up to the old man and told him his dream. The old man looked him up and down and said, "I have a suggestion that is sure to help."

"Tell me, tell me," said the young cowboy.

"Tie the bottom of your holster lower onto your leg."

"Will that make me a better gunfighter?"

"Definitely," said the old man. The young cowboy did what he was told and drew his gun and shot the bow tie off the piano player.

"Wow, that really helped. Do you have any more suggestions?"

"Yeah, if you cut a notch in the top of your holster where the hammer hits, the gun will come out smoother."

"Will that make me a better gunfighter?"

"It sure will," said the old man.

The young cowboy did what he was told and drew his gun and shot a cufflink off the piano player. "This is really helping me. Is there anything else you can share with me?"

"One more thing," said the old man. "Get that can of axle grease over there in the corner and rub it all over your gun." The young cowboy didn't hesitate but started putting the grease on the barrel of his gun. "No, the whole gun, handle and everything," said the old man. "Will that make me a better gunfighter?" "No," said the old man, "but when Wyatt Earp gets done playing that piano he's going to shove that gun up your ass, and it won't hurt as much!"

I've heard that axle grease also helps a bit.
Heh. Haven't heard that one. Mine involved a medicine man and a vision quest as I recall.

these remind me of back in the day they used to have these co2 cartridges that were used in navy horse-collar flotation devices....only i guess these are fill with air .

I still have one of those in my attic somewhere. It's what I learned on in the 70s. The ones with the CO2 cartridge were the fancy ones, top of the line.

Ah yes, the Abyss pink fluid technology. The answer to complicated problems is usually "a little bit of each"

This technology was real. Liquid breathing gas was being experimented with by the navy. Don't know what ever came of it. I always questioned what happens to air spaces like in your ears.

That's SIR Sean Connery to you.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

This technology was real. Liquid breathing gas was being experimented with by the navy. Don't know what ever came of it. I always questioned what happens to air spaces like in your ears.

Experiments with perfluorocarbons as an artificial blood and oxygen delivery etc have been going on for decades, however as good as they are for delivering O2 to the tissues the main problems are in removing CO2 fast enough to the lungs due to the viscosity of the liquid (x2 that of water), and therefore unlikely to be practical for diving.

I am very sure experiments are still being done, in particular for artificial blood using various animal bases notably bovine albumin, but that brings about other issues.

That's SIR Sean Connery to you.

Of course how could I forget

After sleeping on this, I suddenly though of a possible explanation for a question I've been wondering about for a while: Why do newer rifle models with American style stocks usually come without a front sight?

And now I think I need some brain bleach...

Most of the newer hunting rifles do not come with a front sight because it is understood that a scope will be used on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom