Spare air bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMyMyOHellYes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I see these pop up all the time on seaBay. I've got no use for one from a diving standpoint, but I'm wondering if I couldn't use a couple to keep reg sets pressurized while dunking.

Do they use a standard 3/4" thread for normal US valves? Would be small and light enough for travel and could just top them off with a whip wherever spare tanks are left around like the dock.

Ray

yes and yes. and if you can find a y valve you can soak two at once on one little tank.

I might have another one somewhere myself.

OK - now I'm all confused. I was all ready to jump but then I finally rooted around spare air's site until I found they sell tanks. Their specs include the following which would negate the ability to use for the intended purpose:

1676566322956.png

Diameter is too big for exclusion from hydro requiement and the 5/8" threads are a bit of a bastardized spec for scuba products. Or more pacifically interchangability for scuba products.

Guess it was worth asking anyway. Looks like my options may be limited to a straight 6. While my pony rig goes straight in the rinse tank complete with bottle, I could do two primary sets with a 6 with the use of an H-ish valve configuration ...

1676566663586.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom