Spammers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fetch

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone else get spam from www.divelogonline.com ? I'm kinda curious whether they harvested my address from this board, or elsewhere.

*sigh* kinda annoying, since I would be tempted to use the site, if they hadn't spammed me :\

Jeff

Fetch,

The Scuba Board forums are designed to protect our users private information like email addresses. This is one of the reasons we don't have an option to list all users. We don't sell or share personal information with anyone. The only way someone would have gotten you email address from our board is if you deliberately posted it in the content portion of one of your posts.

*nod* I know. I even use a specially tagged email address for the board :)

I didn't mean to imply that I wasn't at fault for including my email in a post :)

Jeff

Fetch,

I didn't mean to make it sound like I was blaming you and I apologize if that's how it came across. I just wanted to reassure everyone that the information used for board registration is safe and secure with us. We dislike spammers as much or more than most folks. When you handle 350+ emails a day (and the 350 is actually stuff you have to reply to) the spam can be a real pain in the you know what.

Sorry for any confusion.

I haven't recieved any spam from any dive related site. Other non dive sites I and other family members go to involve quite a bit of spam. One of the joys of being on this site is the world wide contacts with none of the junk.

What do you mean by spam
lots of mail? is it webmail and keep getting banners up or is it pop mail that you have set up in your mail program?

I deal with people all the time with spam mail

send me more detail and mabey i can help .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom