SP MK25/S600 vs. Atomic B2 Final answer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what is the usual reason that the regulators start to leak?
Is it a buildup of corrosion and salt deposits, or the seats wearing out?

As a fairly new B2 owner, I can give two thumbs up for Atomic. I can't, however, compare it to the S600 because i've never owned a scubapro reg. I know many people that do, and they are all satisfied customers.

i've had my B2 in 41 degree water many times in bainbridge, PA without the environmental kit, and have had no problems (not yet, at least!). The M1 already has the kit, but no swivel. I chose the swivel, and will probably add the cold water kit to the first stage sometime in the near future.

long story short, i love my B2. breathes great.

I need some info. I've been researching on SP MK25/X650 and cannot seem to find the price of it. Does anyone know around what the cost or price range this reg runs?

Thanks to all for feedback.

scubaknight:
I need some info. I've been researching on SP MK25/X650 and cannot seem to find the price of it. Does anyone know around what the cost or price range this reg runs?

Thanks to all for feedback.

MSRP $602.

You can have 10% or more discount from MSRP depending on your LDS.

It is around $400 if LP has it in stock.

Recieved the Atomics (M1 and Z1 Octo)don't seem to breathe as smooth as my ScubaPro stuff Chrome Balanced adjustable and G200B with Mk20 and also Mk10 +

any offers I'd like 350.00 +10.00 Shipping PayPal
I'll post in Classifieds

I worked on it a while it now breathes great the Z1 was actually better but the lever height was wrong reset and it made all the difference in the world. THe quality of the regulators second stages are really works of aRT in terms of construction and assembly. My only question is why they don't use a conical filter in the inlet to the 1st stage.

ddown

ddown:
My only question is why they don't use a conical filter in the inlet to the 1st stage.ddown
I can't think of many manufacturers that do. If this is the yoke, almost all other reg manufacturers use the disc type filter. Most of the conicals are used on DIN style regs.

Hmmm ScubaPro, Aqualung, Zeagle, use conical All except Sherwood, USD Conself only, does Apeks still use the white Filter that looks like it came off a cig??

Yes Apeks does still use this filter, but only on the Yoke models. The thing is that you can use the other conical one that they use on the DIN on the yoke aswell.
The white one is not nitrox compatible though. If you have an Apeks yoke reg for nitrox, you get this little plastic disc that has holes drilled into it. That is what you get for diving yoke I guess........

Aquamaster:

Does a regulator (SP MK20/S600) that is used heavily (say 50-100 dive/year) wear out it parts faster than one that sits in a dive bag. I was under the impression that there are certain parts of the regulator that are under stress no matter what the regulator is doing.

Thank you.

DA Aquamaster:
I agree with RD009 that the 2 year service interval for Atomic reg may be less than ideal. It will work fine for regs that are well maintained and dove on only an occasional basis, but not for regs that are dove hard and/or put away wet.

Through close monitoring and bench testing of my personal regs I have found that I usually cannot go a full season (about 140 dives this season) without an "annual" service. 50-75 hours underwater seems to be about the limit before slight leaks begin to develop even though the regs are well rinsed, well maintained and still comparatively clean inside from a steady diet of well filtered grade E air and nitrox.

Poor quality air and less than thorough rinsing will further shorten a reg's time between overhauls.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom