SP all metal DIN parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guruboy

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Up to which model 1st stage can the all metal DIN parts go onto?

I have a Mk15 with the metal DIN parts.

Can they be used on Mk20 also?

Last edited:
The MK2 Plus, MK 10 and later; i.e. 14/16/17/18/20/25 all use the same Universal Yoke retainer: SP P/N 10-103-115, so any DIN replacement will fit those models. For some reason, the yoke retainer part number for the MK15 is different (10-600-104) However, that may have just be an transitional part as the MK15 was a transition between the 10 and 20. The retainer may have later updated to the Universal retainer. I only have an older parts diagram for the 15 rev date 12/97

Halocline or Buddhasummer might be able to verify the 15

Edit: I just checked the part numbers for the MK10 and M15 DIN knob retainer and they are the same: 10-400-107 so yes, the DIN for the MK15 should fit all the newer models (MK10 through MK25 & MK 2 Plus.)

Last edited:
Even the older all metal DIN parts with the metal wheel?

Even the older all metal DIN parts with the metal wheel?

Yep, if the retainer (rubber or metal wheel doesn't matter) fits in a MK15 it should also fit in a MK20-25. The MK15 originally had the all-metal wheels. The one thing is that the MK20 really should use the universal retainer, the older ones were recalled in the MK20. As long as you don't overtorque it (I'm sure you're careful about that!) it should work fine.

Thanks.

So basically you're saying the metal DIN has the same issue as the old Mk20 yoke retainer. Fits but if you over torque and you can damage the body.

The universal DIN would prevent that, like the Mk20 replacement yoke retainer.

The universal DIN would prevent that, like the Mk20 replacement yoke retainer.
Yes

Anyone happen to have the size of the DIN oring handy?

The one that seals the DIN with the body.

I think its 011 duro 85, if you're talking about the o-ring in the end of the DIN retainer.

Reading through this thread, I'm not sure if you're clear on the universal retainer...you can bring your MK20 and the old DIN retainer to a dealer and they should give you a new universal retainer. You would keep the metal wheel and use it.

There's a trade in program? Like a recall?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom