Southwest Leaving Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ugh, agree with Dave that the whole reentry process at IAH is a nightmare and it’s even worse when one needs to connect, like me. Two hours is a minimum based on my last trip. No precheck is ridiculous, even the customs line was ridiculous for anyone with global entry. Not to mention the line to pass by the dogs.
I am back to the bag drag. I use to fly maya air but can’t get any info on baggage fees for the new carrier.

Ugh, agree with Dave that the whole reentry process at IAH is a nightmare and it’s even worse when one needs to connect, like me. Two hours is a minimum based on my last trip. No precheck is ridiculous, even the customs line was ridiculous for anyone with global entry. Not to mention the line to pass by the dogs.
I am back to the bag drag. I use to fly maya air but can’t get any info on baggage fees for the new carrier.
Maybe something has changed recently, but the last time I flew through IAH coming from Cozumel two years ago there was no scrutiny of travelers or luggage when we were leaving the baggage claim area, just some official looking guys waving everyone through. They didn't ask for Customs forms; that happened at Immigration and It's been that way for years. Twenty five or more years ago there were lines at Immigration and at Customs, but lately the bottleneck has always just been at Immigration.

This is really a shame. Denver is a SW hub and whether we flew direct or through Hobby, it was nice getting 2 free bags. That plus having a free companion tix means we flew half price. The bag drag is a bit of a hassle, but if you book a driver rather than use the ADO, the cost is not that much more and it makes life a lot easier.

Just pick a date and look. Around 90 bucks one way with a backpack. More with a carry one and finally like 225 with a checked bag, rolly and back pack. Just 3 fares. AERUS - Tu nueva forma de viajar

It seems more like a commute for work thing. Morning and evening flights..

Maybe something has changed recently, but the last time I flew through IAH coming from Cozumel two years ago there was no scrutiny of travelers or luggage when we were leaving the baggage claim area, just some official looking guys waving everyone through. They didn't ask for Customs forms; that happened at Immigration and It's been that way for years. Twenty five or more years ago there were lines at Immigration and at Customs, but lately the bottleneck has always just been at Immigration.
Last time I came back through DFW without checked bags from the gate to street was about 10 minutes. With bags add 30.
😁

I'm finding since I got Global Entry that instead of waiting in line with the other non Global Entry people I go straight through with almost no delay to the checked luggage carousel.

Then I wait there forever for my checked bags and by that time the non Global Entry people have shown up.

So the Global Entry is helpful for people without checked bags.

Not very helpful for scuba divers with all the gear we fly with.

So the Global Entry is helpful for people without checked bags.

Not very helpful for scuba divers with all the gear we fly with.
That sometimes happens…just as often me and my Global Entry are long gone from the luggage carousel before the immigration line clears.
These days I rarely have trouble at the airport because I have the luxury of traveling during the week (not weekends). Not everyone has the opportunity, but if you can swing it, it takes a lot of stress out of air travel. That said, you still have to deal with the airlines prior to travel which I currently find more problematic. All IMHO, YMMV.

999 pesos per checked bag each way ($60 USD or so each way).

That sometimes happens…just as often me and my Global Entry are long gone from the luggage carousel before the immigration line clears.
These days I rarely have trouble at the airport because I have the luxury of traveling during the week (not weekends). Not everyone has the opportunity, but if you can swing it, it takes a lot of stress out of air travel. That said, you still have to deal with the airlines prior to travel which I currently find more problematic. All IMHO, YMMV.
I love being other places but I hate getting there and back. I hate airports and dealing with airlines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom