southern stingray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newdiverAZ:
looks kinda blurry from resizing.

Nice photo - my favorite marine life, any type of Ray. Where were you when you took the photo?

Becky

newdiverAZ:
on the sea emporer in Pompano/Deerfield Beach Florida

Cool - Grand Cayman's Sting Ray City is a favorite dive of mine because of the interaction with the Rays. Not much of a dive in the sense of diving, only about 12 feet & I know that it is not the best idea to "train" wild life to depend on people for food but it is still an experience I treasure. Nothing like it on land.

Becky

newdiverAZ:
yeah we had alot of fun on this dive. The rays were very playful also a very large grouper there, and a green morey.

Glad you enjoyed that dive. I did it back in October and shot a lot of pics of the rays also. I got to thinking about how many divers are on that wreck every day, and how many pics get taken of those rays..... and they still keep coming back to get their pic taken! Very cool.

BTW, the big grouper is a Goliath Grouper, I saw one, I heard there are 2.

newdiverAZ:
OK here's my attempt at a picture. Shot with a canon a-40, no ex. strobe yet. Thought it looked kinda neat.
Looks like it was a great dive, picture look good to0.

Back
Top Bottom