Trip Report Southern route Red Sea (St. John) on JP Marine June 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

  • Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott from LongIsland

Contributor
Messages
316
Reaction score
149
Location
Long Beach, NY
# of dives
200 - 499
Thank you for your writeup, thinking to go to Egypt this Sept-Oct (ideally 2 back- to back liveaboards)

I’m doing the Aggressor III back to back weeks 9/18-10/2. It goes to BDE first and then south to St John’s the following week. I have done both trips before separately and I like them both for different reasons. The colors and clarity of the south blew away the northern sites but the Pelagius up north were much more numerous.

$999/week. Hard to beat. Join us!
 

Barmaglot

Contributor
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
583
Location
Israel
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm diving with an Israeli group in Ras Mohammed on 9/5-9/9, but I'm considering going down to Hurghada/Marsa Alam for a week or two after that to do B-D-E and/or St. John's route. What's the best way of getting there from Sharm el Sheikh? Flight, ferry, or something else?
 

Barmaglot

Contributor
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
583
Location
Israel
# of dives
200 - 499
I see. Well, that settles it, I guess - now I just need to know what time my boat gets back into Sharm el Sheikh in order to get tickets for the same day flight or the one on Sunday.
 

Parlem

Registered
Messages
64
Reaction score
28
Location
Catalonia
I see. Well, that settles it, I guess - now I just need to know what time my boat gets back into Sharm el Sheikh in order to get tickets for the same day flight or the one on Sunday.
I know I'm stating the obvious, but be aware of the no-fly time before you book your flight. After intensive diving on a liveaboard, this will be an issue.
 

Barmaglot

Contributor
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
583
Location
Israel
# of dives
200 - 499
I know I'm stating the obvious, but be aware of the no-fly time before you book your flight. After intensive diving on a liveaboard, this will be an issue.

I figure I'll skip the last morning dive(s) before the flight - from a night dive the previous evening to a 30-minute flight scheduled for 13:40, I should be okay.
 

NootFish

Contributor
Messages
165
Reaction score
115
Location
USA
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m doing the Aggressor III back to back weeks 9/18-10/2. It goes to BDE first and then south to St John’s the following week. I have done both trips before separately and I like them both for different reasons. The colors and clarity of the south blew away the northern sites but the Pelagius up north were much more numerous.

$999/week. Hard to beat. Join us!

Oooh, cool! I don't know if I can get out there by the 18th... Will see what work gives me off. I asked for Sept 15-Oct 15.
 

Barmaglot

Contributor
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
583
Location
Israel
# of dives
200 - 499
I was actually considering signing up for Aggressor III for September 11th and possibly 18th, back-to-back, but then I saw this on their website:

Travel Advisory: We are unable to accept reservations from guests traveling on an Israeli passport due to Egyptian maritime regulations. There is a risk that when the Port Authority is clearing the RED SEA AGGRESSOR III to depart Port Ghalib on the charter, travel may be delayed and/or denied by the authorities for these individuals.

Oops...
 

NootFish

Contributor
Messages
165
Reaction score
115
Location
USA
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m doing the Aggressor III back to back weeks 9/18-10/2. It goes to BDE first and then south to St John’s the following week. I have done both trips before separately and I like them both for different reasons. The colors and clarity of the south blew away the northern sites but the Pelagius up north were much more numerous.

$999/week. Hard to beat. Join us!

I think I might. I have requested the time off and I think I got it. How are you getting to the departure point, and would you be interested in sharing ride?
 
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Top Bottom