Southern Missouri diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey folks,
Im pretty new to this area. I just got out of commercial diving after 12 years and took a job in springfield missouri at Diventures. I havent got the chance to do any diving down here yet but i would like to know the cool spots to go. i was told there are some underwater towns in table rock, and bull shoals? anyone have any good places, stories, or pics?

We dive Table rock most weekends, here are some videos of our dives here.
Most of the structures form the towns that were left are long gone, Indian Point Dive shop has put a few videos of them diving the town of Oasis you can find on youtube.

Bonne Terre mine diving is in your back yard. It's expensive...and cold...but some people love it and some view as a one and done type thing. It's on our list to do, just haven't made it there yet. Lake Tenkiller in Oklahoma sometimes has good lake diving conditions. There are a few boats, a couple of platforms, a school bus, and a helicopter submerged in the divePark. Visability is typical lake diving ......sometime horrible, sometimes not so bad.

Lots of videos around, just google "Bonne Terre diving"

2Dive.com: Bonne Terre Mine • May Palms Beach Eco Estate • West End Diving

Safe Travels,
Jay

I tried to dive the Zebulon Pike back in the mid 90's but a lack of adequate thermal protection and sketchy directions prevented me from locating it. It's still on my bucket list to go back there with better gear and maybe a guide. :)

I tried to dive the Zebulon Pike back in the mid 90's but a lack of adequate thermal protection and sketchy directions prevented me from locating it. It's still on my bucket list to go back there with better gear and maybe a guide. :)

It is a pretty cool dive, we have not dived it yet this year.
Going to have to go back & dive it again pretty soon.
Here is another video that was taken when the vis was pretty good.

What's the depth and avg water temp on the Zebulon?

The top railing is about 65 foot deep, the bottom is sitting in about 90 foot.
Temps are usually in the mid 50's this time of year.

If you're cavern certified - Roubidoux Springs in Waynesville, MO is fun. And if you're cave certified - the cave goes back more than 11,000 feet...

Another cavern dive is Bennett Springs in Lebenon, MO. It is about as easy of a cavern dive as you'll do - but the State Park is only open to Divers from November through February.

Houseboat from the first video.
Google Maps
Start out in this cove & head out towards the main channel, about 45 -50 ft you should find the houseboat. If you start out from the middle of the cove it should be on your left side when you get to depth.

2nd video 80 to 100 ft deep was shot at Jakes point.
Google Maps
We just headed south or southeast from the grave parking lot.
The wreck at Jakes island.
Google Maps
Start out on the southwest side of the island, (closest to Jakes point gravel parking lot) drop to about 45 ft & go towards the other end of the island you should run into it.

Zebulon/General pike.
Google Maps
There is a white boat fender tied to a tree stump in this cove, go down the tree stump & a line is attached that you can follow to the wreck.
This boat looks like it would be tied up to the tree stump I was talking about.
Google Maps

Last edited:
Now if I could only figure out how to mark the exact spots on the map?
I have seen people do it, I am not sure how to do it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom