Southern Leyte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scoober

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
A handful of years ago, I bummed my way to Southern Leyte while working as a diver in PI. Loved it! At the time, there were only a couple of operators (include one schmuck), and no liveaboards. I now see that a liveaboard is running in the area. Good operator? Also, I only did a few dives, and I remember it as pretty pristine, wild and beautiful. This time, I would be traveling a long way--is it really excellent? Good enough for a week-long liveaboard?
Thanks!

Expedition Fleet and the Siren

A handful of years ago, I bummed my way to Southern Leyte while working as a diver in PI. Loved it! At the time, there were only a couple of operators (include one schmuck), and no liveaboards. I now see that a liveaboard is running in the area. Good operator? Also, I only did a few dives, and I remember it as pretty pristine, wild and beautiful. This time, I would be traveling a long way--is it really excellent? Good enough for a week-long liveaboard?
Thanks!

Leyte, especially Southern Leyte has some of the best wall dives in the world, also great place to see Whale Sharks. You could happily spend a week there is not more. Napantao(parden my spelling if incorrect) fish statuary area is amazing, words can't describe. This area is a drift divers paradise. Viz is generally awesome+.

Hi Scoober

The are of Southern Leyte is great for diving and sounds like you recall it well. The corals, particularly at Napantaw, are stunning & very healthy. Coral Cay do a great job protecting the area. The critter diving at Padre Burgos is spectacular- you could easily spend a day diving under the pier and in the surrounding area. Whale sharks were most commonly seen around Limasawa Island in the past 2 years but at the southern tip around San Ricardo whale sharks were seen too and also pilot whales.

We believe there is plenty there to hold your interest. However if you are expecting large schools of fish you are likely to be disappointed. The region does have many fish species but they tend to be of the smaller varieties.... except for the whale shark of course!

Please feel free to pm us for more information on the itinerary that we follow there.

Best wishes,
Siren Fleet

I worked in the area for 6 month about 9 years ago, was fantastic, the variety of marine life was amazing. Whale Sharks were there for a few months and the Macro life..........

I was working on an NGO there so hopefully it has remained the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom