Southern Illinois?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaArch1

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi, I returned home to So. Ill a few months ago from traveling and teaching overseas and am looking for people that dive down here. If anyone knows of any local clubs or you live and dive in So. Ill hit me up I would enjoy getting back in the water with some good dive partners.:D

Daniel

Hi There Daniel! Welcome to the board! looks like you are only about an hour north of Mermet Springs Mermet Springs, Dive in First Class -- Scuba Instruction, Local Diving, Travel Worldwide . Mermet is a flooded rock quarry just north of Metropolis that ranges in depth from a few feet to about 120' deep. among other things to see, the biggest attraction is a Boeing 727 jet plane that was blown up in the movie US Marshals. I'm sure there is a diving club or 2 somewhere nearby. I belong to Evansville (IN) Scuba Club. Even though it is based in Evansville, IN, we do go to Mermet once or twice a year. Our home base quarry is Pennyroyal in Hopkinsville, KY Pennyroyal Scuba Blue Springs Resort . Which is only about 2-1/2 hrs from you. All in all, you're not a terrible distance from some decent local diving. You may want to check out the sub forums here of the Mid West Muck Divers, The Great Lakes Wrecking Crew & the Kentucky Piranha Patrol to see what may be going on around you. Hope this helps you out a little.

Hi Daniel, Wellcome back to So.Il. Small world for I too live in Herrin. Maybe we can get together sometime.

Daniel,

I live in St. Louis and dive Mermet Springs several times a year. Y-Kiki Divers has a fun dive group with a schedule of fun dives. If you join the group you will receive emails (invites & trip reports).

Welcome back, and to the board.

There is another very active diving board. MidwestDive - Powered by vBulletin there are some great divers on the board from around the midwest. Although it seems that St. Louis and Illinois dminate the site.

As info.

Blu

Back
Top Bottom