Southern California LDS -> 02 Clean or Just VIP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
Since I ran into a snag today with my 72s... they are not 02 clean. RSL is down for repairs so I couldn't get a fill on those today. So I started calling around...

Riverside Scuba Locker - Just VIP - Banked 32%
Beach City Scuba - 02 Clean - Blended
San Diego Divers - Vip unless you want better then 32% and then you need 02 Clean - Banked 32% but can blend.
Temecula Scuba Center - Vip for 32%
Dive&Photo - Vip for 32%
Zen Dive Co - Vip unless you want better then 40% and then you need 02 Clean
Hollywood Divers -
In2Deep Diving - Vip unless you want better then 40% and then you need 02 Clean
Eco Dive Center - Vip for 32%

I'm a little confused. If you are getting banked 32% why do you need a special 32% O2 VIP?

O2 Clean is only for higher than nitrox O2 %, usually for those getting partial pressure O2 mixes. Pacific wilderness will O2 Clean your tank and give you whatever mix you want. I don't know if their nitrox is banked.

I'm a little confused. If you are getting banked 32% why do you need a special 32% O2 VIP?

O2 Clean is only for higher than nitrox O2 %, usually for those getting partial pressure O2 mixes. Pacific wilderness will O2 Clean your tank and give you whatever mix you want. I don't know if their nitrox is banked.

Dont need a special one. Tanks just need a VIP.

Was trying to provide locs that are 02 clean vs just need a run of the mil vip.

On a side note for Temecula, I went in that shop once and that was the last time. I stopped by several years ago after a working dive to get a few cylinders filled so I could have them the next day. While they filled the cylinders, they would not release them to me until I paid for a big Nitrox sticker to be wrapped around my cylinders. After arguing for a bit, I paid for the stickers as I needed the cylinders the next morning. Walked out the door, pulled off the stickers and never went back. Might be different now (I hope it is), just something to be aware of so if you plan on going, call first and verify.

If the dive shop is doing partial pressure blending, they're introducing pure O2 and then topping up with air. So unless they are super super careful and take a really long time putting the O2 in, then O2 clean for tank and valves is a really good idea. With banked nitrox, membrane or mixing stick nothing higher than 40% is introduced into the tank, and NOAA and OSHA (and maybe DOT) treat everything up to 40% like air from a handling perspective

Since I ran into a snag today with my 72s... they are not 02 clean. RSL is down for repairs so I couldn't get a fill on those today. So I started calling around...

Riverside Scuba Locker - Just VIP - Banked 32%
Beach City Scuba - 02 Clean - Blended
San Diego Divers - Vip unless you want better then 32% and then you need 02 Clean - Banked 32% but can blend.
Temecula Scuba Center - Vip for 32%
Dive&Photo - Vip for 32%
Zen Dive Co - Vip unless you want better then 40% and then you need 02 Clean
Hollywood Divers -
In2Deep Diving - Vip unless you want better then 40% and then you need 02 Clean
Eco Dive Center - Vip for 32%

I'm pretty sure Hollywood uses a membrane so just need a VIP. Aloha Dive is also just a VIP for nitrox fills. Channel Islands Scuba in TO did blends up to 40% using banked nitrox the last time I was in there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom