Southern Ari Atoll or Rasdhoo in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mmesser

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi I am looking to do some diving in Maldives in mid January. I am looking to do some diving with some big fish Whale Sharks, Mantas, Sharks. After having done some research I have narrowed it down to Baa Atoll or South Ari Atoll but I can't decide between the two. Any advice from people who have been there before in January timeframe?

I was actually there in January 2022. We did 7 days on a liveaboard and loved it. We saw a total of 11 whale sharks, and honestly, I couldn't count how many mantas. I would say September to March would be the best time to go and to definitely do it on a liveaboard so you could see multiple sites and locations.
If you're interested in coming with our group, we are headed back there at the end of March this year.

I finished 2 dive today at rasdhoo, the visibility is bad. liveaboard is the best choice in maldives. I'm sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom