South Red Sea in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_masked_diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone.

I´m planing to do a liveaboard in the South of the Red Sea. What do you think abut this trip in that date? I´m not sure about the visibility and the abundance of bif fish.

Thank you.

No problem for the visibility, nice temperature.

I suppose you mean big fish, and in this case, sorry to tell you that abundance is not the word to use.... all year long. There are plenty of fishes, of course, but pelagics, well....

Can anyone tell me the water temperature in April and May in the south (say...St Johns/Zabargad) and Brothers/Daedalus? It's difficult to find the information online. Thank you!

7 mm or 3 mm with a vest, depending on how sensitive to cold you are. And how many dives you do per day.
:wink:

LOL - so I'll take a 5mm and call it even. :)

I'll be doing 3 or 4 a day. I was hoping the water would be so warm that I would only need my 1.5mm.

I was there April/May. I dived a full 7 mm with or without a 5/3 hooded vest. I was very comfortable, others were cold. Red Sea Aggressor April-May 2016

Oh my goodness! Thank you. I was supposed to go back in August and have been assuming/hoping that it would be similar water temperatures in May. My 7mm is a monster to pack. :(

My 3mm is a farmer jane so it's 6mm over my core and 3mm over the legs and arms. Any idea what the water temperature was when you went? I wear that with a rash guard for winter diving here in Hawaii and am warm enough...but only for two dives a day.

Temperature will be in the low 20°, approx. 21-23°.
Have you thought of renting one once there? some don't like the idea...
If you are doing more than 2 dives a day your farmer jane will not be warm enough, i think.
PS: Farmer janes are called "long johns" over here. Don't ask me why....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom