South Padre?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mswistak

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
When is the best time of the year to dive in Padre? I am new to scuba diving (currently in classes) and I want to take a little vacation once I get certified.

I'd suggest contacting the guys at American Diving in Port Isabel. They'll be able to give you the best information. You can check out the Captain's Log on their website to check on current conditions: Scuba Instructor Training - American Diving - Diving the South Texas waters of the Gulf of Mexico.

You can also contact them via email at amdiving@aol.com.

I could be wrong, but typically I believe the best conditions are now until the end of the summer. I'm going back in August to try to dive the TX Clipper again.

I lived out that way for a number of years and dove with American diving during that time. this time of year thur probably september would be the peak season. After that the seas get a little rough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom