South Padre Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ParamedicDiver1

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey, just wanted to say thanks to American Diving in South Padre Island. We were there last week and did some rig dives and it was great. Saw a 40+ foot whale shark on Friday and a large school of scalloped hammer-head sharks the second day. The boat was very comfortable too. Great operation! Looking forward to next year for the second annual SPI Dive Week and diving the Clipper. :D

what were the water temperatures?

what were the water temperatures?

Low 80's. I dove in a 1mm full and was completely comfortable. Vis was around 20-30feet, which is bad for South Padre, usually vis can be 50+.

Hi, did you do any shore diving while you were there or just the rig dive? My wife and I are going to South Padre and spending a week...we are looking for some shore diving (safe and worth the swim). We are trying to contact one of the local charter boats for a trip to a rig or a wreck. Thanks.

Shore diving is low vis in the winter. I have done jetty dives in summer and fall but winter spring would be limited. Lots of great new year party's on the island. Clipper dives set for sat and sunday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom