South FL trip - need suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

homo maris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all:

I will be flying to Fort Laudedale on June 7 or 8th for a meeting in Naples starting late afternoon on the 11th. I'd like to go diving from the 7th or 8th to the 11th. I am very open to locations and, as I am alone, buddies.

I have had 1/2 dives in tropical oceans (down to 115ft) and 1/2 in caverns (down to 130ft). I am AOW and Nitrox certified. I am used to dive in very remote places so I am perhaps more safety concious as a result. I have done a few deco dives but I am not certified for that. I also dive with a long hose. I just need tanks. I am a French geek who protects the evironment.

I am open to dive with anyone anywhere as long as we are on the same page about diving (i.e. plan the dive and dive the plan). I am also open to go woth someone to do a PADI specialty course (e.g. wreck).

From what I read here, I have many options, like Marcos Islands and the East coast of FL but I'd rather avail of your local experience and suggestions, as well as trips availability.

Thank you in advance,
JL

I will offer my suggestions on this. If you are looking for a place that has great reef and wrecks, I would suggest no better place than Boynton Beach Inlet. The conditions here are as about as good as you can expect. The reefs here offer some of the most abundant life in all of south florida, not to mention quite a few wrecks all with plenty of life on them as well. If you are looking to do a pure wreck, I would suggest taking a little drive down to Key Largo and dive the Speigel Grove. This thing is HUGE. If I am not mistaken somewhere in the neighborhood of 512 feet long. There are plenty of charters that run down there to the Grove, but my reccomendation would be an outfit named Scuba Doo. If you have any more questions or concerns just give a shout.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom