South FL this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mntlblok

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Pondering hopping into the van and trying some more shore diving this weekend. The tides for BHB make me hesitant, but I reckon I could run down to LBTS in the mornings if the surf ain't up. Just looked at a web cam and it looks like glass out there today. Perfect weekend to be out of town, so with any encouragement at all I'll be jumping into the van with the cameras. . .

Kevin
Savannah
(weekends start on Wednesday afternoons. . ) :D

Kevin;
Hit it EARLY and the waves will probably be OK from shore at LBTS.

Chug
Getting concerned about all these interlopers coming to LBTS to scout for "Bug-Fest"

If your coming from Savannah, no need for that dreaded drive down the coast. 4+ hours on I-95! UGGGH! But there is no need.... Just stop right in Jax and hop on a boat there.... As good as the keys I hear. Chug, chime right in on this one.

Wait.... Disregard, I thought this was for MINI SEASON. Please come on down and have a great time. Just north of LBTS is the 6th street reef in Pompano. Another great shore dive.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys.

I'm just a pitcher taker. I'm scared of those bugs and all those sharp places on em.

Did a *long* swim out once up in Pompano. Pretty cool spot. I can deal with the waves, as long as there's some viz.

There's just something about running into something that you've never seen before that makes BHB such a draw for me. That, and the 2.5 hours of bottom time.

Have never divven Jax. Tried a trip up here once out to Gray's Reef. The experience, several years ago, was bad enough that I would *never* risk it again.

A decent book-on-tape or 2 and a cheap, rat-trap hotel room make the long drives tolerable - barring traffic snarls from wrecks.

Kevin
interloper

Thanks, guys.

I'm just a pitcher taker. I'm scared of those bugs and all those sharp places on em.

Did a *long* swim out once up in Pompano. Pretty cool spot. I can deal with the waves, as long as there's some viz.

There's just something about running into something that you've never seen before that makes BHB such a draw for me. That, and the 2.5 hours of bottom time.

Have never divven Jax. Tried a trip up here once out to Gray's Reef. The experience, several years ago, was bad enough that I would *never* risk it again.

A decent book-on-tape or 2 and a cheap, rat-trap hotel room make the long drives tolerable - barring traffic snarls from wrecks.

Kevin
interloper

Its good advice to be scared of the bugs the sharp points can rip you to pieces. If you find any honey holes in flbts send me a pm and i will gladly take care of the during mini season. Its the decent thing to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom