South America?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vladimir

The Voice of Reason
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I notice that a Belize thread I posted in was moved here. Does somebody think Belize is in South America? How about Costa Rica? Honduras?

I noticed that a thread about diving Costa Rica was placed in the South America forum. I guess this is what happens when schools no longer believe geography is an important subject to teach.

Dr. Bill

No need to get snarky. It wasn't me, but we've had a problem with the board that resulted in about a gazbillion threads being moved to someplace dark and creepy. The Mods are scurrying trying to put Humpty together again, please forgive us if we screw up a few - some of the Mods weren't schooled in Western hemisphere geography because they don't live here.

Let us know if we make anymore mistakes, it would be helpful if we could have as much information (Link? Ooh, now that would be downright sassy!) about the awol thread as possible. They're still there, you can find them with a search.

Oh, yeah, I have no idea where it was originally located so I moved the thread to the Caribbean forum, if that's okay with everybody...

Just trying to help.

I don't live in Africa, but I have a pretty good idea of what's inside and what's outside. I did have to look up "snarky" though.

drbill:
I noticed that a thread about diving Costa Rica was placed in the South America forum. I guess this is what happens when schools no longer believe geography is an important subject to teach.

Dr. Bill

Geowho?

A couple of interesting things:

Greater Caribbean & Bahamas
Looking for adventure in the beautiful Caribbean (that's Belize, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas and Bonaire just to name a few)? You'll find everything you need to know here.​

See how Belize, Caribbean, Bahamas are in Greater Caribbean/Bahamas?

South America
Get the scoop on where to go, where to stay and who to dive with in this region encompassing countries and islands from the Caribbean Islands, Belize, and the Bahamas down to Brazil, Argentina and the bottom (or top) of the world.​

See how Belize, Caribbean Islands, & Bahamas are also in South America?

We've just discovered warp drive! :eyebrow:

Seriously, I would propose North America (North of the Rio Grande, basically) & Latin America (you may want to let the Quebecois be in Latin America :wink: ), then, you can have subforums in Latin America: Central (Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, & parts of Columbia, not to mention islands) & South (other parts of Columbia, Ecuador, Venezuela, etc.)

:crafty:

vladimir:
Just trying to help.

I don't live in Africa, but I have a pretty good idea of what's inside and what's outside. I did have to look up "snarky" though.
Heh. :wink:

reefraff:
No need to get snarky. It wasn't me, but we've had a problem with the board that resulted in about a gazbillion threads being moved to someplace dark and creepy. The Mods are scurrying trying to put Humpty together again, please forgive us if we screw up a few - some of the Mods weren't schooled in Western hemisphere geography because they don't live here.

Let us know if we make anymore mistakes, it would be helpful if we could have as much information (Link? Ooh, now that would be downright sassy!) about the awol thread as possible. They're still there, you can find them with a search.

Oh, yeah, I have no idea where it was originally located so I moved the thread to the Caribbean forum, if that's okay with everybody...

Hey, Reef,

Why not make it reralistic and simple: North America; Mexico; Central America; South America and Greater Caribbean. That should cover the western hemisphere.

Regards,

Cudabait:
Hey, Reef,

Why not make it reralistic and simple: North America; Mexico; Central America; South America and Greater Caribbean. That should cover the western hemisphere.

Regards,
We'll give it some thought but, as with many things in life, sometimes less is more.

Central America is technically part of North America since the separation of the two western hemisphere continents is between Panama and Columbia.

The real "pisser" is that Bonaire doesn't count as a South American dive site even from a geographical (vs political) perspective. I debated that point with National Geographic. I guess Catalina shouldn't count as a North American dive site based on the logic I heard! Of course San Andres, Providenciales and Santa Catalina off Nicaragua count as "South American" because they are owned by Columbia.

Dr. Bill

Call it Latin America and have sub forums for mexico, Central America, South America, the western Caribbean, etc.

Back
Top Bottom