South Africa, Cape Town: Scubapro Day - 26 October 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xyrandomyx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
See here for more detatils: SCUBAPRO Day ? Cape Town F.B.Y.C | Scubapro Southern Africa

I'm not sure who all the 'participating charters and dealers' are at this stage, but I'd guess it'll be the usual suspects. I read about the event in Down South's newsletter. It's R50 to register, R120 for a boat dive (although I don't know if the other ops will charge a different price); you can 'test dive' Scubapro gear; and there's a photography competition and a lucky draw (giving those of us who are hopeless at photography a chance to win something).

It sounds like a pretty good deal to me -- two boat dives for R290 -- so I'm going to book.

Sounds Lekka. Would the dives be on wrecks in the area ? What would the estimated water temperature be? I heard your temperatures are a bit colder than when diving at Sodwana or Mozambique...

The event organisers will probably play it by ear, decide the sites on the day based on the weather and the divers booked (so as not to take new divers to deeper sites and such). But, yes, probably one of the local wrecks or perhaps a reef (we have a number of rocky reefs with quite a variety of marine life). They're launching from False Bay Yacht Club, so the dives will be in False Bay. The water temperature should be between 13 and 15 degrees, but could be a little colder at the bottom on deeper sites. A lot colder than Sodwana or Mozambique, yes, but still warmer than the Atlantic side of the Peninsula (where the surface is often 10 degrees and the bottom 7 or 8).

Back
Top Bottom