Source for Reasonable Hooded Vests?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I was dragging my handcart from my house to Catalina Scuba Luv to go diving yesterday morning. Somehow my 3mm Tilos hooded vest fell off on the way. I backtracked the route within 15-20 minutes, but someone had taken it. It was not labeled with my name.

So now I'm looking to replace that vest. I searched several Internet sites and found few hooded vests that met my desires. I want a 3, 5 or 3/5mm hooded vest in XL size for a reasonable price (heck, I can buy full wetsuits for what some of the vendors were charging for a simple hooded vest).

Anyone know of good sources for reasonably priced vests (overstock, used or close-outs)?

Fortunately the water temps were toasty (and the viz excellent) at Italian Gardens and Garibaldi Reef. Felt like I was in the tropics and didn't need the vest yesterday.

Dr. Bill

Bob- "Secret Sale List?" Where do I find it???

Thanks to both of you for the pointers. I just can't see paying $90 for a hooded vest!

drbill:
Bob- "Secret Sale List?" Where do I find it???

heh heh heh... if I posted the location, it wouldn't be a 'secret' any more. :crafty:

PM coming at ya. :wink:

If you wind up losing more of your wetsuits, I'd like to recommend a 1-piece super-stretch metallic lined "semi-dry/wet" suit w/attached hood, the ab divers up North love the things. Very nice streamlining with minimum bulk.

Thanks again. So nice that our water here is toasty now. Just did two more dives filming the black sea bass and never felt a twinge of cold (and for those of you who have seen what's left of my setsuit, that's pretty amazing!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom