Source for EO connector?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm toying with the idea of building a heated vest. I have gotten past the price of the inflation valve with the EO connector but the best price I can find for a single EO with pigtail is $150. I figure there has to be a cheaper place to find these. Anyone have any ideas?

If you're talking about actually building a vest, don't do it. It's not worth the risk of severe burn. Ditto for the motorcycle heating vests that are out there. There are plenty of other options that really don't cost that much. But I'm still confused about the E/O question. The standard E/O connection (yes, Jon Nellis, I know these are not really E/O connectors) is outside the suit between the bulkhead and the battery. The connection between the vest and the bulkhead is inside the suit and is different for each vest. It doesn't need to be standardized, and it doesn't really need to be waterproof since it is inside the suit, but caution is advised in case of a flood.

The least expensive combination inflator/bulkhead I know is the one from Golem. I use that one with my Santi vest because the Santi bulkhead was crazy expensive. I just clipped off the LOLA connector it came with and soldered on the Santi one, using waterproof heat shrink tube to finish it off.

So why not the motorcycle vest? What makes the almost $600 Santi vest special? They all use resistance wire for a heating element. Yes I'm looking for the outside connection that would connect to the valve, for the inside I would just use a Deans ultra connector.

Many stories of shorts and burns, even with some of the diving vests (Dive-X, UTD). You can search on TDS. I only paid about $300 for the Santi a couple of years ago, and there are other less expensive alternatives. Check out the PERCH shirt at Diving Drysuit Heating Vest and Shirts and the Q-Vest from Golem at Golem Gear, Inc. - Q-Vest - Heating vest only. Also, any decent bulkhead will be available with E/O connector.

Sure, it's an ancient topic, but there's applicable data:

CONTACT
Brian Brown, PLM
Brian.Brown@cooperindustries.com
(805) 389-5728

Is that a source of E/O cords? Does he sell to the general public?

I asked this question a few years back on cdf and got quite a detailed response from Jon Nellis. I can't find the thread right now on their but if I recall correctly they aren't officially called e/o plugs. E/o plugs are actually a lot better and more expensive. The cheap plugs the scuba industry has adopted are called something else. Wet connectors?? I can't remember but I do remember he was correct because when I used his term they actually showed up in a Google search.

I wouldn’t mind trying out the Marshall Connectors. Only question is how to seal it back up after replacing the “e/o” connectors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom