Soundoff on your favorite small camera.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charlie99:
Do any of these small cameras have both manual white balance and some sort of manual or preset focus ?

I'm mostly happy with my Olympus Stylus 400, but there have been many times where I would have used those features if available.

Charlie
The Canon s50 does. I'm guessing that the s60 & s70 do as well.

sirrahtap:
I've got a canon SD200 already, and i'm interested in getting a case for it. Anyone know of a good place to look for one, i haven't been able to find any
Thanks

The Canon housing is only good for 3 meters. I heard that these people make one - I found the link on another board, but I have no idea if the housing is any good.

http://www.dive-equinox.com/seaspy/index.html

Ummm, not sure which Canon housing we are talking about but the ones for the A and S series are good to well below 3m!

Yes, the A series (past the A20 I think) have full controls - white balance, shutter, aperture, ISO...

The biggest problem I have with my Canon S45 is slow response. Unless you want a lot of fish butts (more than usual...) that is a critical factor.

It would be really interesting to be able to compare response times for all the cameras recommended above. I would not mind getting another small P&S as the housing for my 20D is a monster.

OE2X:
Still in the testing phase of the Nikon Coolpix 7900. It will fit in your DS pocket - mine does so it's nice and small. It's 7 megs, so the photos blow up nicely.
I've had in it on a couple of dives so far and am still learning the camera.

The Nudi was shot by Uncle Pug and the Octo by me, but both are shot with the 7900.

Looking good, great Nudi photo.. a lot of people simply like the little pocket snap n shooters... no fuss, no muss... and obviously taking great photos...
I didn't realize the 7900 was so small..
I'd always figured the Sony Series DC-9 etc.. were about the smallest...

thanx..

Thanks, I'll have to look into that one.
And as far as going more than 3m, there are quite a few for canon's that do, but the only one i found for the SD200 was only 3m. I also found one for the SD 100 and SD110, which would maybe fit the new SDs. I'll have to check out if it does fit, and i'll post back with any info. I think the SD models would work really well because they are so tiny and wouldn't get in the way when they weren't in use.

alcina:
Ummm, not sure which Canon housing we are talking about but the ones for the A and S series are good to well below 3m!

Yes, the A series (past the A20 I think) have full controls - white balance, shutter, aperture, ISO...

For the SD series, Canon only has a snorkeling housing (AW-DC30) for the SD200,SD300, and SD400. Canon has a diving housing (WP-DC70) for the brand new SD500.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom