Soundoff on your favorite small camera.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Burke1973

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm looking to purchase a high end small camera that can fit in my Drysuit bellows pocket. Thank you for your experianced opinions. Sid

That Fuji 810 is really a nice unit. The Ike housing makes it not so small for a pocket, though.

As well as that one, have a look at the Canon A series and the small Oly series (can't remember the numbers). I have used the Canons for years and LOVE them.

i love my canon SD110 and the WP-DC10 housing. you can get both for under
$350, and it's a solid point-and-click camera that can be manually operated too

Burke1973:
Hello everyone I'm looking to purchase a high end small camera that can fit in my Drysuit bellows pocket. Thank you for your experianced opinions. Sid
I've been shooting a (superceded) Canon s50 extensively for a year now. I'd replace it with an s70 in a heartbeat. Great bang for the buck, pro-sumer features, and pocketability to boot.

Oly C60 and its Oly housing :)

Sony PC-10. Shot over 2000 pictures underwater, in 2 years. Then use an editing software to automatic get the green out. It does the whole batch of pictures in just a click!

Do any of these small cameras have both manual white balance and some sort of manual or preset focus ?

I'm mostly happy with my Olympus Stylus 400, but there have been many times where I would have used those features if available.

Charlie

I've got a canon SD200 already, and i'm interested in getting a case for it. Anyone know of a good place to look for one, i haven't been able to find any
Thanks

Still in the testing phase of the Nikon Coolpix 7900. It will fit in your DS pocket - mine does so it's nice and small. It's 7 megs, so the photos blow up nicely.
I've had in it on a couple of dives so far and am still learning the camera.

The Nudi was shot by Uncle Pug and the Octo by me, but both are shot with the 7900.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom