Sort out Apeks configurations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skyjunky:
Well get the Legend LX Supreme. It's rated for super cold stuff. Only costs $5 more.

The Legend LX is on sale in the LDS, with the Legend Octo and sales tax for $490. I am wondering if that is a good deal. Youre right at diveinn.com LX and LX Supreme almost the same price. Whereas a whole set of ATX50+ATX40 octo+ 3 gauge console is for $475 + shipping at www.diverswarehouse.co.uk. Looks like the Mares v16 Proton Metal+octo run at scubatoys.com for $390 is over.

Based on rescuediver009's previous posts on this thread - if I understand it correctly - an Aqualung/Apeks reg bought over the internet will not be covered by the warranty and buyers would have to pay for parts and service. A reg bought in the store will be covered for service for two years only (that true?). How will the service fees work after two years? Will only parts be covered or is it all out of pocket?

Also, would Hoppy want to say why he switched from ATX50 to Aqualung Legend? Was the ATX50 too rough for you? (just kidding..:))

I believe Diveinn will cover the cost of shipping for any repairs. Considering how fast their shipping is I don't have any problem with the idea. Eitherway you can't go wrong with the Legend or Atx.

Iwander:
Based on rescuediver009's previous posts on this thread - if I understand it correctly - an Aqualung/Apeks reg bought over the internet will not be covered by the warranty and buyers would have to pay for parts and service.
Not necessarily, the LDS may cover it. I meant if someone coming in with a reg that is say five or six years old that this particular LDS has never seen before, they cannot be sure that its warranty has been maintained and thus they do't want to get screwed over with the parts. This is just what happens around here, the best thing to do is to ask them where you would have your service done.
Iwander:
A reg bought in the store will be covered for service for two years only (that true?).
Negative, Apeks and Aqualung both are warrantied for life with parts.
Iwander:
How will the service fees work after two years? Will only parts be covered or is it all out of pocket?
The only thing that you will ever pay for if you keep it under warranty (service or checkover every year as explained earlier) is the labour. Here, the going rate is about $60 candian. Don't know about there.

Iwander:
Also, would Hoppy want to say why he switched from ATX50 to Aqualung Legend? Was the ATX50 too rough for you? (just kidding..:))
Only he knos, I can say that the ATX50 is not rough at all and it is a reg that you will never have to upgrade. Whether youhave sufficient funds and want to is another story.

i agree the ATX50 is a great piece of equipment that will talk you from open water to the limits of tech diving, you will never have to upgrade if you don't want to.

kurt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom